Friday, January 23, 2015

Yumbox Original and Panino -- Review


Yumbox my new favorite lunch box! (well, all of my lunch box are my favorite) I am so glad I got these, I think it was worth the investment. I ordered these boxes as a present for my mom and my kids on Christmas.

Their prices range from $13.00 - $33.00 and I think that is a good deal for a such awesome box! I got lucky that I got them discounted at 30% off! I didn't know that there was a sale going on at the website, they just suddenly discounted my order, so I went back and ordered 4 boxes! Yeah!!! 4 BOXES!!!! hehe.

Before I started Bento boxes, it was very hard deciding which box I should get! So, I got the planet box first but I can't shake the feeling of wanting to get Yumbox because of their leakproof feature and their colorful boxes. My daughter loves it so much that sometimes, she asks for her dinner in her Yumbox! There are many things we love about Yumbox! I can only think of a few things we would like Yumbox to improve. okay, let's get to the business =D

Yumbox Tray $13.00
Yumbox Exterior Box $15.00 - $16.00
Yumbox Set $28.00 - $33.00 (Comes with 1 tray and 1 exterior box)

What we love:

  1. Color Choice! I love their bright and pretty color choices. There are 7 color choices, I think they are going to release more colors in the future. 
  2. Easy to open. Even my 2 year old knows how to open the lunch box.
  3. Dishwasher Safe 
  4. Eco-Friendly
  5. Sturdy
  6. BPA and Phthalates Free
  7. 4 and 6 compartments, makes it fun to pack food!
  8. Leakproof. The website said only food with consistency like yogurt, ranch, ketchup, etc. I tried putting water inside one of the compartment the first day I got my daughter's box and shake it up and down real hard. I only see one to two drops going in another compartment. I will update it again and try to put water and sit it down sideways for a few hours to see if it does leak or not. 
  9. Removable tray, makes it FUN for lunch or dinner at home. It can be a plate or it can be a lunch box! I love it so much
What you should consider:

  1. The cute food illustration. I love the illustration but I do not love the fact after 2 washes it's starts to wear off. I can see some parts of it's image missing.
  2. Very small compartments, only for Yumbox Original. 
  3. Drying Issues, I'm crazy about having my Yumbox dry before storing. I do not use them everyday because I take turn between three different kinds of boxes, so, sometimes I have to leave it out for two days to make sure it is dry before assembling them back together.
See, there are only 3 consideration before buying Yumbox! It is so worth it!

Here are some example of lunch I've packed my daughter to school and my son for fun or when he has to go somewhere:

 
Turkey and Cheese Wraps, Tic Tac (Indonesian snack, you can find at an Indonesian grocery store), Banana, Hardboiled Egg, Carrots with Thousand Island, Cashew Nuts

Biofeel (You can find at any Asian grocery store), Chocolate Bread Sushi, Cut Up String Cheese, Cheese Quesadilla, Pomegranate

Fried Noodles, Tic Tac (Indonesian snack, you can find at an Indonesian grocery store), Blood Oranges, Mandarin Orange, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pee Wee Potatoes


Peanut Butter Chocolate and Cheese Bread Sushi, Fuji Apples, Ying Yang Babble, Edamame, Crab Rolls

Strawberry with Strawberry yogurt, Car Shaped Hardboiled Egg, Black Sweet Rice Porridge with Coconut Milk, Corn, Celery, Mangoes, Cashew Nuts

Homemade Hot Pockets, Carrots, Sticky Candy, Ninja Babybel, Oranges

Steamed Broccoli, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pee Wee Potatoes, Oranges, Strawberry Yogurt, Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Mango Fruit Leather, Bear Shaped Hardboiled Egg (The shape isn't so good this time lol!)

Wheat Thins, Sunflower Seeds, Snow Man String Cheese, Kiwi, Ranch Dressing, Snow Flake Cheese with Ham and Cheese Quesadillas, Carrots, Triple Berry Fruit Leather

Strawberry Yogurt, Kiwi, Ranch Dressing, Corn, Celery, Quail Eggs, Hello Kitty Ham and Cheese Sandwich

I hope the reviews and the sample lunches help you decide to buy which lunch box you would like!

Yumbox did not pay me to review their box nor they give me any type of compensation. This is a very honest review from the boxes that I bought. Thanks so much for reading! ^^

To purchase your Yumbox, go to www.yumboxlunch.com 

Don't forget to comment and follow me! 






No comments:

Post a Comment