Friday, January 16, 2015

Tips for Quick and Easy Lunch Box



As a mother, I firsthand know how busy and hectic life can be. I have a few tips for a quick and easy lunch packing ideas. The best part is that they are healthy. 

Turkey and Cheese Wrap, Cashew Nuts, Baby Carrots with Thousand Island, Baby Bananas, Boiled Egg, and Indonesian Snack (You can only find it in Indonesian Grocery Store) 
Bio feel (You can find this at any Asian grocery Store), Chocolate Bread "Sushi", String Cheese, Pomegranate, Cheese Quesadilla


So here we go, Tips for Quick and Easy Lunch Box for Busy Parents:
  • Use left over food from last night. Many times, I cook dinner and there were still a little left over, just enough to pack in to my daughter’s lunch box. For example, pizza, I always have at least one slice left if we were eating pizza that night. I use cute cookie cutter to make her lunch look a little more FUN!
  •  Prepare and/or freeze food. I like to prepare vegetables on Sundays. I buy them from the store, wash and cut them up. Then, I put them in individual boxes (I love Pyrex) and put some in the freezer (if I plan on cooking them) and the rest in the refrigerator (if I plan to serve it as raw veggies). You can also prepare and cook food and freeze them, then use them through the week. Dehydrated food also lasts long in an airtight container. I love making fruit roll ups/leather (you do not have to have food dehydrator to make these, I’ll post some recipes in the future).
  • Daily plan or weekly plan your kid’s lunch. My daughter loves it when I let her help me with her weekly plan. Sometimes, if I do have unexpected leftover food, I would tell her, “Okay, Tasha, we have some change of plan!” to make it sounds fun haha!
  • Last but not least tip would be to pack their lunch the night before. This method doesn’t work all the time though. When you want to pack warm food, you can’t really pack it the night before. Well, you can but you still have to re-heat it in the morning.
Click on the image to make it larger
This is just an example of a chart you can make, there are more fruit and vegetable ideas than just listed but I ran out of space hehe. 

This is a great example of quick lunch box
Fruit Leather (I prepared on Sunday and use it through the week), Celery (I've cut them up that same Sunday), Oranges, Peanut butter banana rolls, Ham and Corn Bread (Bought at a local bakery)

This is the leftover sample =)
Leftover noodles from last night's dinner, Mandarin Oranges, Blood Oranges, Tic Tac Snack (You can replace this with nuts), Roasted Pee Wee Corn (I bake it for 15-20 min. this morning but you can always bake it the night before)



Well, I hope these tips can help you with your lunch box packing in the future. Please follow my blog and check out my Facebook page! www.facebook.com/mamadelish



No comments:

Post a Comment