Friday, January 9, 2015

PlanetBox Review


I love packing my daughter's lunch. I have always wanted to get planet box since she was 3 years old, but I did not get it until recently. The reason I waited so long before I get her lunch is because when she was in pre-K, her school did not let outside food in school, so I never had to pack her lunch for a whole year.

At Kindergarten, I never thought of buying a lunch box for her because I was so used to not pack any lunch, and I just expect her to eat school lunch. On the first day of school, I gave her $20 to put into her school account. She came home from school very disappointed. She said to me,"Mommy, why did you not pack me any lunch? They don't have any food for me! I only ate yogurt, milk, and just snack foods!!" Then, I asked her,"where is your $20 I gave you?" She answered,"I gave it to my teacher and we bought lunch and that was my lunch, the yogurt, milk and snack foods!!!!" Then, I decided to buy the PlanetBox. Their shipping was really quick because I got it within a few days.

Okay, enough of my story, let's give this awesome PlanetBox a review!!!

I have purchased the PlanetBox Rover for $59.95 and it came with

  • The Lunch Box
  • One Little Dipper Container
  • One Large Dipper Container
  • Cute set of magnets (25 different design and 1 blank white to design it yourself)
  • One Carrying Bag (9 different colors to choose from)
They also sell only the main box or only with the dipper, you can also add other accessories such as the water bottle, the spoon set, the ColdKit, and more!


What I like about PlanetBox:
1. It has 5 bento sections, I love it that the food wont touch each other when I pack her lunch. Also, it has good amount of space so I can place a whole sandwich without cutting it in weird shapes.
2. It came with two extra containers with individual lids for liquid foods.
3. I love the fact that it is made of food grade stainless steel
4. It is sturdy
5. The carrying bag has pockets for extra items I like to pack like on the inside it has a pocket for ice packs to keep food cool, and straps for forks and spoons. On the outer part of the bag, it has a nice pocket for water bottle or juice and an extra pocket to place anything you want to put in there.
6. It is also easy to open and close for my daughter's little hand (she was 5 years old when she started using Planetbox)
7. Dishwasher safe, it made my life easier!

What I do not like about PlanetBox:
1. The Price is quite expensive, but if I were to go out to stores and buy similar items they also add up, probably not as much as $59.95 but close to it.
2. I do not like the fact that I have to use the dipper containers for wet food. Sometimes, I just forget. Like when I pack my daughter eggs, well they have liquid coming out of them sometimes and they would leak out to the bag and well the bag would get dirty and I have to wash it and so on.
3. I do not like washing the bag. The bag is very thick and hard to dry. I have to dry them outside but when it is winter, it doesn't get dry as fast as I would like it to be. If it doesn't dry fast enough, well you will get a very smelly lunch bag.

So, Those are my pros and cons about our PlanetBox Rover. Bottom line is, I love the box. I would recommend this box to anyone out there that is looking to purchase a bento box for their kids or themselves.

PlanetBox did not pay me to review their box nor they give me any type of compensation. This is a very honest review from the box that I bought. Thanks so much for reading! ^^

you can purchase your own PlanetBox at www.planetbox.com

Don't forget to follow and comment ^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment