Monday, January 12, 2015

Yes! You Can Prepare Lunch Box For Your Kids! ^^

This post is to convince mothers out there who really want to prepare school lunch for their kids and think that they do not have the time to do it because they are so busy with work that they can do it. I have a part time job, a home based business (photography, face painting, and online boutique), and I am also attending college majoring in Chemistry. If you don’t call that busy, I don’t know what is busy. I have two kids, Tasha, 6 years old and Oz, 2 years old.

I never thought of myself as someone who would pack my kids lunch every day for school. Since the first day of Kindergarten, my daughter wants me to pack her lunch and so this journey begins.

Making lunch does not take a lot of time. I spend only about 15 – 30 minutes in the morning getting those lunches ready. Here’s an example of my morning schedule…

6:20 a.m. – I wake up and brush my teeth
6:30 a.m. – I wake up Tasha and told her to brush her teeth. I then grabbed her clothes and told her to dress up (Sometimes I got her outfits ready the night before)
6:35 a.m. – I would get Tasha’s breakfast ready. (She usually asks for bagel with cream cheese) while I toast her bagel, I get her fruit and veggies ready for her lunch box
6:40 a.m. – Her bagel is done toasting and I put the cream cheese on top or any other topping she wants. Tasha starts eating.
6:42 a.m. – I work on the rest of her lunch.
7:00 a.m. – I am already done with her lunch box. Now, I usually stuff it in the bag and stuff the lunch bag into her book bag.

Now, Tasha is a slow eater, so it took her about 30 minutes for her to finish her breakfast sometimes. We usually leave the door by 7:15 a.m.

See! It didn’t take long! The secret is to multi task. Say, you want to make boiled egg. It takes 10 minutes for it to cook. You have 10 minutes to do something else while waiting for it to boil. I think those are not really a secret right? Us moms are used to multi tasking.


Here are some of my favorite lunch boxes that I’ve packed for her in the past.

 

Left Photo:
  • Biofeel (You can find these in Asian grocery stores)
  • Oranges
  • Cashew
  • Pizza
  • Alfredo Pasta
Right Photo:
  • Trix Cereal
  • Corn
  • Oranges
  • Scramble Eggs


 

Left Photo:
  • Oranges
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Trix Cereal
  • Grapes
  • Flintstone Gummies
  • Home made spinach noodles with Chicken
Right Photo:
  • Veggie Sticks
  • Fruit loops
  • String Cheese
  • Pomegranate 
  • Oranges
  • Turkey Wraps


 

Left Photo:
  • String Cheese
  • Fruit Snacks
  • Horizon Cheese Sandwich Cookies
  • Annie's Cookies 
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwich
  • Grapes
Right Photo:
  • Grapes
  • Chocolate chip mini muffin
  • Waffle chocolate sandwich
  • Cocoa Puffs
  • BBQ chicken wings (I took it off the bones)


 

Left Photo:
  • Lady Apple
  • Carrot
  • Golden Banana
  • Cheese Quesadillas
  • Trix Cereal
Right Photo:
  • Horizon Cheese Sandwich
  • Annie's Cookies
  • Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
  • Cashew Nuts
  • Boiled Egg
  • Nutella Bread Rolls
I hope I have convinced you that YES! you can make your kid's lunch boxes!


No comments:

Post a Comment