Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Excalibur Food Dehydrator Review

I have gotten the Excalibur Food Dehydrator a while back because I wanted to make fruit roll ups for my kids! It turned out to be one of the best investment to healthy eating I've ever made! yep!! Not only I can make fruit roll ups, dry fruits, and veggies, I can make my own yogurt and dry my own Almond flour (After making almond milk, I used the leftover nuts and dry it to make almond meal!)

So! I am very happy with the dehydrator! I got the 5 tray dehydrator as picture below.


Guess what? they have new colors coming in! I just went to their website and there was red, blue, pink (OH MY!), orange and white! I wish I can buy another one in PINK!!!! but, I can't hehe! 

Anyways, I have done many drying with my excalibur. I've dried fruit, veggies, made fruit leather/roll ups, pork jerky, yogurt, and the last one I just did well it is in the dehydrator as I am writing right now is the almond flour. (I made almond pancake sometime last week and it was HEAVEN!)

so, if one star being the worst and five star being the best, I give SIX star to the excalibur dehydrator!

The pros:
  • It makes square fruit roll ups, so it is easy for me to cut and roll long pieces (many dehydrator comes in round shape, well making fruit roll up can be bit tricky then)
  • Timer and automatic turn off! I love it! I can just go to sleep at night and find my fruit roll up, yogurt or whatever it is I am drying is done! I can just leave the house if I have to grab something and not worry about it over drying.
  • I actually love it's black color, it matches everything in my kitchen (even though the pink on is sooo cute!)
  • Adjustable Temperature (I love this feature because I can dry meat in a higher temp than I would fruit roll ups)
The Cons:
  • I don't like it's cover, it is easy to come off but maybe that's what they needed (I find my 2 year old very curious, so sometimes he opens it up! and I don't like disturbing my yogurt in the making, changing the temperature when it is opened)
  • I had to buy the sheet to make fruit roll ups, it doesn't come with the product. I would love to not spend extra $60 just for the sheets.
So there is my pros and cons about Excalibur Food Dehydrator! I love it and I think he price is worth it! Happy Drying!

No comments:

Post a Comment