Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Homemade Goldfish Crackers -- Recipe

My daughter loves goldfish crackers! A few nights ago I said, "why not make them?". So I decided, well I should make them with my Cheese Cookies Recipe (Cheese Kaastengels) and modify it. I tried making it once two nights ago but I messed up by making the goldfish too thick =(. Yes, the kids loved it and finished them all but it wasn't goldfish, it is more like cheese cookies. So, last night I did it one more time...and as I was getting them out of the oven and putting them in the box, my kids ate them so instead of getting two boxes of goldfish I ended up with only one but here it is...


Oh! I love how it turned out! The secret though, the thinner your goldfish are, the crispier they are.
I made mine with half wheat flour and half regular all purpose flour, so it's not 100% the healthiest goldfish but! at least it is half wheat haha! Are you ready? Drum rolls please.....

What you need:
1 Cup Flour
1 Egg White
12 Oz Cheddar Cheese / Parmesan Cheese whichever you like better
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbs Butter

How to make:
1. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until they are all well mixed
2. Get all the dough out of the food processor and knead it until you can form a ball
3. Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
4. Roll your dough as thin as possible and cut them up with little goldfish cookie cutter
5. Bake your goldfish at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes depending how thin your goldfish are

I used my pasta roller to roll my dough because I want them to be really thin. You can use rolling pin for yours.

Oh, if you're interested, here is a link to my daughter's video tutorial of making cheese cookies
Cheese Cookies

Where do I get the cookie cutter? I got them from Kracie a Japanese DIY candy kit. You can search it on amazon "Kracie Gummy" you should be able to find it. I am not quite sure which one has the fish cutter in it but the one I liked is the one I got last time, I think the animal cutter is given randomly but good luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment